- Non-Means Tested
- Means Tested
- Carer’s Allowance – $100 a fortnight
- Conveyance Allowance – (transportation allowance for those living a significant distance from educational institution) mileage paid per distance travelled/bus fare
- Combined Application Process (CAP) – Funding for families with significant need. This can be a substantial grant up to $60K per annum. Our family faced cancer, CP (child who couldn’t walk, talk, eat, dress without carer), Shingles and a Newborn and still waited 12mths before receiving this assistance. It’s a fantastic support but be prepared to wait.
- Maternity Immunisation Allowance
- Education – Teacher’s Aide & Equipment Funding within Schools contact Department of Education for more info
- Child Australia (formerly RUCSN) – Equipment & Access Aids for assisting children in child care settings
- CAEP Basic & Essential Equipment Funding – funds seating, standing, mobility, communication, toileting, bathing equipment for those with permanent disabilities.
- CAEP Basic & Essential Home Modifications Funding funds modifications that are essential to enable independent living and access for those with permanent disabilities.
- Taxi Users Subsidy Scheme – Users who have special needs may qualify for 50- 75% off taxi fares.
- Centre for Inclusive Schooling – CIS provides equipment and modifications necessary for children with special needs to access the curriculum. This may include seats, standers, walkers, mobility devices, computers and programs to switches & environmental controls.
- Carer’s Payment – $562.10 per fortnight per single or $469.50 a fortnight per partner if both partners are eligible
- Pharmaceutical Allowance
- Telephone Allowance
- Higher rate of Telephone Allowance (for home internet connection)
- Utilities Allowance – up to $500 per annum or $250per annum per eligible single paid in quarterly instalments
- Pensioner Concession Card
- Parent Payment
- Rent Assistance
- Baby Bonus
- Remote Area Allowance
- Health Care Card in child’s name – huge discounts on pharmaceuticals
- Utilities Allowance
- Telephone Allowance – you can also notify your phone service provider if your child has a life-threatening condition, to ensure that you have priority service.
- Companion Card – allows companion/carer of people with profound disabilities free entry into a variety of events
- Airline Concessions- many airlines offer carer reduced/no cost fees when accompanying person with significant needs. Qantas concession.
- Disability Service Trusts
- Deductions for expending over $2000 per annum on healthcare/medications
- Deductions for charitable donations
- Family Tax Benefit A
- Family Tax Benefit B
- Child Care Benefit
- Child Care Tax Rebate
Private Organisation Funding
If you are a member of private associations like The Centre for Cerebral Palsy you may be entitled to Cash Conversion Allowances, Respite Allowances, Fundraising for Equipment. Speak to your association to find out what supports they offer.
Note: check tax law with your accountant/financial advisor, as you may need to pay tax on income received through grants!
- TCCP Equipment Fundraising – Members of TCCP are encouraged to raise funds through this program as a first port of call. Going elsewhere first can negatively impact the organization and its other members. Contact Katy Kane.
- Variety WA – view the “How We Help” page to see how Variety may assist your child’s equipment, education, healthcare and other needs.
- Lotteries WA – can offer grants to organizations, however not individuals
- Equipment for Living Grants (ILC) – equipment grants for WA individuals with disabilities
- AABIC – can offer small grants to children who have sustained a brain injury
- Make A Difference Foundation – offer grants to individuals in need and organizations that support people with disabilities
- Starlight Foundation – grants escapes, wishes & more visit programs page
- Make A Wish Foundation – grants wishes to children diagnosed with life-threatening conditions
- Daily Telegraph – email to submit your story. The daily telegraph can assist by publishing this and attracting potential donors.
- Mal Atwell Indoor Leisure Group – hosts bingos and events for charitable organizations and may assist individuals
- Better Life Foundation WA – provides assistive equipment grants to individuals with spinal cord injuries
- Wesley Mission Perth
- Rotary Club
Private Fund Raising
To legally fund raise you must have an ABN and obtain DGR (Deductible Gift Recipient Status) from the ATO. You can also obtain TCCC income tax exemptions.
This can be both time-consuming and hard work and suggest that you utilise other avenues or approach organizations with DGR to raise funds on your behalf.
If all other avenues fail and you wish to raise funds privately, we have attached some Fundraising & Grant Application Tips to assist your success.